Good shoes bring you good places however it is a pain in the neck when we do not fit into the shoes that we have purchased. Today let us understand more about our feet in term of width and wideness.
What Causes Wide Feet?
Just like our height, hair colour, eye colour, our feet structure is not up to us to decide. Being born with wide feet doesn't depict as imperfection, it simply means that probably need to take it consideration of the sizing when purchasing a pair of new of shoes!
Following are some of the causes of wide feet
- Flat Arches
- Health issues which causes a swelling of feet
Do I Have Wide Feet?
Do you remember the last time when you measure your feet? With this simple measuring steps will help you determine if you have wide feet. Keep in mind on the following when measuring your feet:
- Our feet expand during the day
- Measure on an even surface
- Put on your socks before measuring if you have the intention to wear a sock with the shoes
With 3 easy steps, we will be able to determine if we have wide feet. You will need
- Ruler / Measuring Tape
- Place the paper on a flat and even surface and step on it. Make sure that all corners of your feet is kept within the paper.
- Trace the outline of your foot carefully with the pencil/pen.
- Record your measurements and compare them against the international shoe-sizing chart. Width is the distance between the two widest points on your foot and height is the distance between the longest toe and your heel.
(M or B)
|5||7.1 cm||8.1 cm||9 cm||10 cm|
|5.5||7.3 cm||8.3 cm||9.2 cm||10.1 cm|
|6||7.5 cm||8.4 cm||9.4 cm||10.3 cm|
|6.5||7.6 cm||8.6 cm||9.5 cm||10.5 cm|
|7||7.8 cm||8.7 cm||9.7 cm||10.6 cm|
|7.5||8 cm||8.9 cm||9.9 cm||10.8 cm|
|8||8.1 cm||9 cm||10 cm||11 cm|
|8.5||8.3 cm||9.2 cm||10.1 cm||11.1 cm|
|9||8.4 cm||9.4 cm||10.3 cm||11.3 cm|
|9.5||8.6 cm||9.5 cm||10.5 cm||11.4 cm|
|10||8.7 cm||9.7 cm||10.6 cm||11.6 cm|
|10.5||8.9 cm||9.9 cm||10.8 cm||11.8 cm|
|11||9 cm||10 cm||11 cm||11.9 cm|
|11.5||9.2 cm||10.1 cm||11.1 cm||12.1 cm|